Wednesday 4 February 2015

Back to the tackmaking grind


So this week I have been very busy and back to the tack making grind. First I started a new close contact saddle, it is a small traditional scale and was made to fit the Newsworthy mold. Here are a few in progress shots.
 

Here is the finished product: 


I think it turned out great minus the jagged edge saddle pad, which is just a stand-in for now. I will be making a matching bridle and might be showing this set. 


One of the best things about this set up in the elastic stretchy on the left side of the girth, just like a real english girth. You can see it in the picture below. 


One last shot from far away:


But that's not all I got done, I have also completed my traditional scale ranch saddle. This one has quite a few modifications from a regular western saddle. 


You can see from this top view that the seat and seat pieces are one piece unlike my other western saddles. There is also a tooled leather piece under the stirrup where the billet attaches and I've rounded the shape of the saddle skirt.



The other side...


Stay tuned, I have started work on a dressage saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment